Hey there! Last Wednesday for September and I found a short story contest from The Writer. Read below for the information…
Credit source: The Writer
Our 2022 Fall Short Story Contest is here!
Submit works in any genre – fiction OR nonfiction – in less than 2,000 words for your chance to win $1,000 and publication in our magazine. Submit by Oct. 25 to save $5 on your entry.
Earlybird Pricing Deadline: Oct. 25, 2022
Last-Call Deadline: Nov. 8, 2022
Grand prize: $1,000 and publication in our magazine
Word count: 2,000 words or less
Other prizes: Our second-place winner will receive $500 and publication on our website, writermag.com; our third-place winner will receive $250 and publication on writermag.com as well.
Need to brush up on your skills before entering the contests below?
For short story contests, here are a few of our favorite fiction writing articles:
- Make every word count: An editor’s tips for writing flash fiction
- Win big with writing contests
- Editors’ tips for getting your short stories published
- How to write a captivating short story
- Creating fully developed fictional characters (that are not secretly you)
I hope this helps for those who are interested. That is it for today, be safe, healthy, and blessed.
Featured image: Pexel