Hello! For those who are attending the Association of Writers & Writing Programs 2021 Conference and Bookfair in March, I just wanted to do a key date reminder or sort of a checklist.
I did a post about this before, but this is a reminder for those who already registered. You may want to do a checklist of all you were required to attend this year’s first virtual event. Take a look below at the key dates, info for registered attendees, and such.
Credit source: AWP
- November 30: Early bird registration deadline
- December 1: Preregistration rate begins
- December 15: Deadline for presenters to upload event outlines
- December 15: Deadline to apply for the AWP Community Scholarship
- January 15: Deadline to apply for Writer to Agent
- January 19: Bookshop.org exhibitor benefits begin
- January 19: Deadline for exhibitors to enter books into Bookshop affiliate pages for guaranteed stock
- January 31: Deadline to apply for the work-exchange program
- February 12: Deadline to request accessibility services
- March 3: #AWP21 begins!
For registered attendees:
- To view your #AWP21 registration details or make changes, visit the My Registrations area of your AWP user account.
- To apply to the #AWP21 Writer to Agent program, make sure you are logged in to your AWP user account and visit the Writer to Agent page. Deadline to apply is January 15, 2021.
- Visit our Accessibility Services page for more information on AWP’s plans for virtual accessibility. To make an accessibility request or to ask a question, please email Colleen Cable at email@example.com.
- The #AWP21 schedule will be released in December 2020. Check out the list of featured events, in addition to the keynote speaker, US Poet Laureate Joy Harjo.
- Keep up with the recent additions to the #AWP21 Bookfair exhibitors with our Exhibitor List.
- For questions about registration, please email Chelsea McLin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To view your event details, visit My Events in your AWP user account.
- To view AWP’s guidelines for presenting, please read the Presenter Guidelines.
- For tips on presenting virtually, please see our Virtual Presentation Guide.
- For tips on presenting virtually in plain text format, visit our plain text Virtual Presentation Guide.
- For a template of an event outline, check out pages 9-15 of AWP’s Guide to Accessible Literary Events.
- To purchase a presenter registration, visit our store.
- For questions, email Aubrey Kamppila at email@example.com.
- To add your information or make changes to your bookfair record, visit your Exhibit Management page in your AWP user account.
- Check out our Bookfair Overview page for all the benefits of exhibiting virtually.
- To purchase a bookfair exhibit space or an author table, visit our store.
- To purchase registrations through your bookfair space, visit your Exhibit Management page in your AWP user account.
- For all other questions, please email Claire Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- March 23–26, 2022 | Pennsylvania Convention Center
I hope this helped, kind of jingle the brain, making sure you have all you know crossed and dotted. Enjoy the rest of your evening. Be safe, be healthy, be blessed.
Featured image: unknown