Last post to share…The Association of Writers & Writing Programs Conference & Bookfair 2021 will be around the corner soon. Read below for details!
Credit source: AWP
The AWP 2021 Conference & Bookfair is going virtual this March 3-7!
The AWP Conference & Bookfair is the annual destination for writers, teachers, students, editors, and publishers of contemporary creative writing. It includes thousands of attendees, hundreds of events & bookfair exhibitors, and five days of essential literary conversation and celebration. The AWP Conference & Bookfair has always been a place of connection, reunion, and joy, and we are excited to offer the same experience in a new way this year. Join us and take part in this amazing community of writers!
Recent #AWP21 Updates:
- The early bird registration rate has been extended through November 30, 2020
- Get your questions answered with our updated conference FAQs
- Apply to #AWP21 Writer to Agent through January 15, 2021
- November 30: Early bird registration deadline
- December 1: Preregistration rate begins
- December 15: Deadline for presenters to upload event outlines
- December 15: Deadline to apply for the AWP Community Scholarship
- January 15: Deadline to apply for Writer to Agent
- January 19: Bookshop.org exhibitor benefits begin
- January 19: Deadline for exhibitors to enter books into Bookshop affiliate pages for guaranteed stock
- January 31: Deadline to apply for the work-exchange program
- February 3: Deadline to request accessibility services
- March 3: #AWP21 begins!
Thinking of attending #AWP21?
- For more information on registration rates, visit our Registration Overview page.
- To purchase a #AWP21 registration, please visit our store.
- To apply for a free registration to #AWP21, check out the AWP Community Scholarship through December 15, 2020.
- To give 4 hours of conference support in exchange for a free registration, check out the work-exchange program through January 31, 2021.
- The #AWP21 schedule will be released in December. Check out the list of featured events, in addition to the keynote speaker, US Poet Laureate Joy Harjo.
- Check out a list of over 100 #AWP21 Bookfair exhibitors, updated daily
- Check out the updated #AWP21 FAQs for more conference information.
- For questions about attending the conference, please email email@example.com.
For registered attendees:
- To view your #AWP21 registration details or make changes, visit the My Registrations area of your AWP user account.
- To apply to the #AWP21 Writer to Agent program, make sure you are logged in to your AWP user account and visit the Writer to Agent page. Deadline to apply is January 15, 2021.
- Visit our Accessibility Services page for more information on AWP’s plans for virtual accessibility. To make an accessibility request or to ask a question, please email Colleen Cable at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The #AWP21 schedule will be released in December 2020. Check out the list of featured events, in addition to the keynote speaker, US Poet Laureate Joy Harjo.
- Keep up with the recent additions to the #AWP21 Bookfair exhibitors with our Exhibitor List.
- For questions about registration, please email Chelsea McLin at email@example.com.
- To view your event details, visit My Events in your AWP user account.
- To view AWP’s guidelines for presenting, please read the Presenter Guidelines.
- For tips on presenting virtually, please see our Virtual Presentation Guide.
- For tips on presenting virtually in plain text format, visit our plain text Virtual Presentation Guide.
- For a template of an event outline, check out pages 9-15 of AWP’s Guide to Accessible Literary Events.
- To purchase a presenter registration, visit our store.
- For questions, email Aubrey Kamppila at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To add your information or make changes to your bookfair record, visit your Exhibit Management page in your AWP user account.
- Check out our Bookfair Overview page for all the benefits of exhibiting virtually.
- To purchase a bookfair exhibit space or an author table, visit our store.
- To purchase registrations through your bookfair space, visit your Exhibit Management page in your AWP user account.
- For all other questions, please email Claire Johnson at email@example.com.
- March 23–26, 2022 | Pennsylvania Convention Center
Archives of past conferences can be found in the Conference Archives section of the website.
I know the early registration is today, but I can hope for those interested you still have a chance. More details to come in the next few months. Enjoy the rest of your day, be safe, be healthy, and be blessed.
Featured image: unknown