October 19 / 16
Hello the final post for today. For you literary people, if you want to sharpen those pencils and replace your pens with new ones, this could be right up your alley. From the Association of Writers and Writing Program come the WC&C Scholarship Competition.
cred: association of writers & writing programs (*awp)
WC&C Scholarship Competition
Each year, AWP offers three annual scholarships to emerging writers who wish to attend a writers’ conference, center, festival, retreat, or residency. The scholarships are applied to the event or workshop fees of the winners’ chosen program. Winners and six finalists also receive a one-year individual membership in AWP.
Eligibility and Guidelines
• Previous recipients of WC&C scholarships, and former or current students of the judge are not eligible to submit.
• Writers’ names must not appear on the submissions or they will be disqualified.
• For fiction and creative nonfiction, up to 25 pages will be considered. Work must be double-spaced and presented in 12-pt font.
• For poetry, up to 10 pages will be considered. Each new poem must start on a new page.
• You may enter in more than one genre, and you may also enter multiple manuscripts in one genre, provided that each submission is accompanied by its own entry fee.
• Please send us your best unpublished work.
• A $10 reading fee must accompany each submission.
Submissions are accepted between December 1 and March 30 of each year. Submissions are only accepted online via Submittable at https://awp.submittable.com/submit. Mailed-in submissions will not be accepted nor returned.
All winners will be notified by email by May 15 and announced on AWP’s website and in the AWP Annual Conference & Bookfair program. Three winners will each receive a $500 scholarship to attend a WC&C member program. Winners have one year to use their prize, and funds are paid directly to the selected program. Member conferences reserve the right to determine participants in their programs; winning does not guarantee admittance to any program.
For more information, please contact Diane Zinna, Director of Membership Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
featured image: awp & wallpaper abyss