August 24 / 16
Good Morning…..didn’t I tell you that this month would be a bit slow? Don’t worry too much because I do have a few things to pass along to you. If you’re a member of the Association of Writers & Writing Programs (AWP), please read this….
Dedicated to teaching the craft and business of writing to those at any stage in their career, the Atlanta Writers Club created the Atlanta Writers Conference to give individuals an opportunity to meet with acquisition editors and literary agents for manuscript critiques, query letter critiques, and pitches. In addition, participants will learn about writing craft and the publishing industry through editor and agent Q&A panels, a workshop, and talks by successful, experienced authors.
Highlights for November 4-5, 2016:
– Six editors and six literary agents, with coverage of every major genre–from historical, literary, mysteries, and women’s fiction to middle grade, young adult, fantasy, and science fiction–and nonfiction topics such as memoir, narrative nonfiction, humor, pop culture, history, and science. They will critique your manuscript samples and respond to your pitches.
– Query letter critique by an agent and an editor to improve your work for the Saturday pitches.
– Q&A panel with all of the editors and a separate Q&A panel with all of the agents.
– Intensive workshop to show you how to create your marketing campaign.
– Conference all-activities discount, with two manuscript critiques and two pitches plus every other activity.
Featured Writers Include:
Six acquisition editors from top publishing houses and six well-regarded literary agents, plus a workshop presenter from the publishing industry and successful, experienced authors, many of whom received their first publishing and/or representation contracts via the Atlanta Writers Conference.
Fiction, Creative nonfiction, Children’s literature
Westin Atlanta Airport Hotel
4736 Best Rd.
Georgia, United States
NOV 4 – NOV 5, 2016
TUITION / COST: A la carte pricing based on the activities participants want (with Atlanta Writers Club dues added for new/renewing members, with 365 days of Club benefits)
SCHOLARSHIP: None Available
The twice-yearly Atlanta Writers Conference, held in May and November, features:
– 10-12 acquisition editors & literary agents who provide manuscript sample critiques and query letter critiques, respond to pitches, and headline Q&A panels
– Workshop on the craft/business of writing presented by a publishing industry professional
– Free presentations by experienced, successful authors
– Award ceremony with Best Manuscript Submission and Best Pitch certificates from the editors and agents
– Evening mixer for participants with the editors and agents
Click on the links to find out more.
featured images: awp.com & wallpapersafari/Belinda Witzenhausen