June 1 / 16
Good Morning! The first day of June has come and I have some news to share with you. AWP (Association of Writers & Writing Programs) just had their Conference and Bookfair back in April in Los Angeles. Next year it will take place in Washington D.C. Here’s what they have so far…..
The AWP Conference & Bookfair is an essential annual destination for writers, teachers, students, editors, and publishers. Each year more than 12,000 attendees join our community for four days of insightful dialogue, networking, and unrivaled access to the organizations and opinion-makers that matter most in contemporary literature. The 2015 conference featured over 2,000 presenters and 550 readings, panels, and craft lectures. The bookfair hosted over 800 presses, journals, and literary organizations from around the world. AWP’s is now the largest literary conference in North America. Join us in Washington, DC, in 2017 to celebrate the best of what contemporary literature has to offer.
2017 AWP Conference & Bookfair
Washington Convention Center
& Washington Marriott Marquis
February 8 – 11, 2017
Celebrating AWP’s 50th anniversary!
- May 1, 2016: Deadline for #AWP17 Washington, DC event proposals
- May 6, 2016: Deadline for participants to link themselves to submitted proposals and to enter their short biographies
- June 2016: Bookfair exhibit sales open
- August 1, 2016: Early bird registration opens
- August 1, 2016: Small Press Publisher Award nominations accepted
- August 2016: Accepted events announced
- September 15, 2016: Deadline for Small Press Publisher Award nominations
- Fall 2016: Event schedule posted and offsite events accepted
- Fall 2016: Volunteer sign-up opens
- March 7 – 10, 2018 | Tampa Convention Center & Marriott Tampa Waterside
- March 27 – 30, 2019 | Oregon Convention Center
There will be more to this throughout the year, so I will be keeping up. Just one more post to go…..
featured image: Belinda Witenhausen