November 18, 2016
Morning everybody! Giving you the update on the Association of Writers & Writing Programs Conference & Bookfair for 2016 being held in Los Angeles. Here are the details…..
AWP CONFERENCE & BOOKFAIR LOS ANGELES 2016
March 30 – April 2, 2016
2016 Keynote Speaker: Claudia Rankine
- J.W. Marriott Los Angeles / 900 W. Olympic Blvd. / Los Angeles, CA 90015
- $219 singles / $229 doubles
- (213) 765.8600
- Westin Bonaventure / 404 South Figueroa Street / Los Angeles, CA 90071
- $189 singles / doubles
- (213) 624.1000
- Sheraton Los Angeles / 711 South Hope Street / Los Angeles, CA 90017
- $189 singles / doubles
- (213) 488.3500
About the Conference
Join AWP at the Los Angeles Convention Center and J.W. Marriott Los Angeles from March 30-April 2, 2016 for the AWP Conference & Bookfair. The conference will feature readings discussions, panels, and receptions with some of today’s most notable authors. Also in attendance will be over 12,000 literary writers, teachers, students, editors, publishers, and arts professionals, and 800 presses, journals, magazines, and writing organizations from around the world. It promises to be AWP’s largest and most vibrant gathering yet.
How to Register
Register now at awpwriter.org to receive our discounted rates. If you aren’t already a member of AWP, you can purchase a registration and membership bundle and begin enjoying your membership benefits-including a subscription to the Writer’s Chronicle, access their Job List, Writer’s Calendar, and member-only web content-immediately.
AWP has secured discounted lodging rates for conference attendees at the J.W. Marriott Los Angeles, Westin Bonaventure, and the Sheraton Los Angeles. To make a reservation, call your preferred hotel directly. Be sure to mention AWP to receive the conference rate.
Persons with Disabilities
AWP is committed to making all reasonable arrangements that will allow attendees to participate in conference events. For more information on accessibility services, equipment, accommodations, or making requests, please visit the website at awpwriter.org/awp_conference/accessibility.
For more information about the AWP Conference & Bookfair visit awpwriter.org, or call (703)993.4317. For those interested, this will be a great opportunity not to miss…..
- July 27, 2015: Featured presenters announced
- July 29, 2015: Bookfair exhibit sales open to everyone
- July 31, 2015: Accepted events announced
- July 31, 2015: Early-bird registration opens
- August 1, 2015: Small Press Award nominations accepted
- August 17, 2015: Hotel room blocks open
- September 15, 2015: Small Press Award nominations deadline
- October 30, 2015: Early-bird registration closes
- October 31, 2015: Preregistration opens
- December 1, 2015: Bookfair exhibit sales deadline for inclusion in printed program
- February 12, 2016: Preregistration closes
- February 15, 2016: Will-call registration opens
Registration Rates & Periods
|Registration Categories||Early Bird
Oct. 31 –
|Registration + One-Year Membership Bundle||$215||$230||$270||$270|
|Senior (65 and up)** Registration||$80||$80||$80||$80|
|Bookfair Staff Registration***||$145||$160||$200||$200|
|Bookfair Staff, Student* Registration***||$50||$50||$65||$65|
|Presenter Member Registration||$75||$80||$105||$105|
|Presenter Registration + One-Year Membership Bundle||$145||$150||$175||$175|
|Presenter Nonmember Registration||$160||$170||$210||$210|
* Students must present a valid student ID.
** Seniors must present a valid ID.
*** Bookfair staff registrations are not equivalent to Exhibitor Access Badges and do not permit access to the exhibit halls during set-up or move-out hours.
**** The Saturday Pass can only be purchased onsite on Saturday, April 2, 2016, and includes admission to all conference events (with the exception of private receptions) as well as the bookfair.
Again if your interested, please go to the websites listed above. I will try to keep you guys up to date with the conference & bookfair.
Enjoy the rest of your Wednesday, be blessed!
photo and other cred: AWP, John Lucas, wikipedia, and hdwallpaper.nu