July 16, 2014
Hello again! We’re focusing on one of the art residence of Vermont Studio Center. By the looks of the place, I say this center would be one of the places I would love to go. Peace, tranquility, and creativity indeed!
Since 1984, the center has provided an outlet to help artists to reach their potential and give them a creative outlet. It is the largest international artists’ and writers’ residency program in the nation. With 50 writers and visual artist per month.
The center offers:
- 2 to 12 week studio residences for, again 50 writers and visual artists per month
- You have private studio space
- Simple, private rooms
- Opportunity for focused, independent work and to share your work
- Large and diverse creative community
- Three annual fellowship deadlines are: February 15, June 15, and October 1
The best time to apply is at least six months in advance of your preferred start date. They will accept applications as late as 6 weeks in advance for the month you are applying. Summer and fall are their most popular and competitive.
For more information on applying , online payment, or contact please go to www.vermontstudiocenter.org.
Vermont Studio Center/80 Pearl Street P.O. Box 613/Johnson, Vermont 05656
Enjoy the rest of your Hump Day Wednesday!