July 11, 2014
Happy Friday everyone! Let’s take a look northwest to the Seattle Art Museum or SAM for our Summer Edition for At the Museum. Located in the middle of Olympic Sculpture Park, SAM is one museum you don’t want to skip. It has a lot of fun stuff, maybe too many to put on this post! I’ll just list what they got to offer for everybody…..
- SAM Remix: Art making, talks, dancing….
- School Tours & Workshops: Guided tours & of course workshops
- Teen Nigh Out: Teen-only event w/art, live music….
- Family Workshops: Create sculptures, paintings at SAM galleries
- Public Programs: Tours, talks, films
- Schools & Educators: Outreach programs & art workshops
- Families: Kids can enjoy family festivals, activities
- Libraries & Resources: You can learn art by digging into SAM visual resources. Gather art questions through reading, visual, or audio. Whatever you need to know in art, the SAM library has it!
- Teens: Workshops, Teen Arts Groups (TAG) January-June, Teen Night Out, Teen Resources
- Community Part: This is where you can participate through outreach efforts, partnerships, even the community.
They also have Summer Institute for Educators: Learning From the Local. This program will take place this month July 23 – 25. To get more information go to their website, listed below.
You can also visit Asian Art Museum. Located in the middle Volunteer Park. (Don’t be surprised to find this museum on a future post!)
Seattle Art Museum / 1300 1st Ave, Seattle, WA 98101 / (206) 654-3210 www.seattleartmuseum.org
Asian Art Museum / Volunteer Park / 1400 East Prospect Street Seattle, WA 98112 / 206.654.3100 & TTY 206.344.5267
Enjoy the rest of your Friday! Art Scene Newsletter tomorrow…..