April 26, 2014
Morning…..the weekend is here at last! Let’s head over to Denver, Colorado to see what’s going on at the Denver Art Museum.
This museum was founded in 1893 as the Denver Artists’ Club, it had temporary homes from a public library to a downtown mansion, but in 1949, the gallery opened at 14th Avenue Parkway. Since then Denver Art Museum has collected more than 70,000 works of art, becoming one of the largest art museums between Chicago and the West Coast.
- MODERN MASTERS: 20TH CENTURY ICONS FROM THE ALBRIGHT-KNOX ART GALLERY on view through Sunday, June 8, 2014
- REBRANDED: POLISH FILM POSTERS FOR AMERICAN WESTERN on view through Sunday, June 1, 2014
- SEEN IN PASSING: PHOTOGRAPHS BY CHUCK FORSMAN on view through Sunday, May 25, 2014
- DRAWN TO ACTION: POSTERS FROM THE AIGA DESIGN ARCHIVES on view through Sunday, January 18, 2015
- NICK CAVE: SECOND SKIN on view through Sunday, April 27, 2014
I’m calling this Museum Stuff, this is where museums have bucket loads of activities and programs for adults, kids, and families…pretty much everything!
Denver Art Museum stuff:
- Public Tours
- Adult Programs
- Untitled Final Fridays
- Access Programs
- Artists at Work
- Get Your Hands Dirty
Just to to name a few…..
As always check www.denverartmuseum.org for more on the current and future exhibitions, activities, museum hours, and other information.
Free general admission on the First Saturday of every month, courtesy of Target and made possible by the citizens who support the Scientific and Cultural Facilities District.
Those of you living in Denver or planning to visit the city should drop by!